Perhaps you’ve known someone who has enjoyed the benefits of Invisalign as a teeth straightening solution. You may be wondering, however, if this practically invisible bracket-free method of straightening teeth is right for you. Not only is Invisalign perfectly suited for both teens and adults, it’s often a preferred alternative to traditional braces and, in many cases, has transformed teeth positioning up to 50% faster.
Added Benefits of Invisalign
Let’s face it, one thing we often worry about is what we are able to eat during orthodontic treatment, and how we will look throughout this process. Invisalign is a way to help people improve the aesthetics of their teeth, without the sacrifices and side effects of other methods of teeth straightening.
Advantages of Invisalign Include:
- Eliminating the worry of breaking wires and brackets
- Less pain: no brackets and wires; no uncomfortable tightening
- Almost invisible, all that’s required are a series of clear aligners that are custom-fit to straighten your teeth
- Less frequent visits to the orthodontist – a check up is usually only needed once every eight weeks
- Won’t inhibit the ability to floss, and you can brush the way you prefer for the best dental hygiene practices
- There are no dietary restrictions opposed to those associated with traditional braces (like apples, carrots, popcorn and candy)
How do I Know if I am a Candidate for Invisalign?
Generally, most people who qualify for braces will also be candidates for Invisalign. To find out for sure, we recommend a consultation with Dr. Riesenberger. He is a premier Invisalign provider with over 660 cases treated. As an Invisalign-trained orthodontist, Dr. Riesenberger will be able to evaluate whether Invisalign will work for you or your teen; most mild to severe orthodontic cases including underbite, overbite, gaps between teeth and overcrowding qualify.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Once custom-made clear aligners have been designed with Invisalign’s new SmartTrack technology™, they must be worn daily and only removed for a maximum of 2-4 hours per day. That means that any time you are not eating, drinking, brushing, flossing or participating in an extracurricular activity, the aligners should be worn. Every two weeks aligners will be replaced to ensure the correct transition of teeth. Treatment can be expedited to changing the aligners to once a week depending on the patient and the amount of wear time.
If you’d like to learn more about Invisalign for you or your teen, please contact us today to set up a consultation by filling out the form below.
Request a Consultation
LIKE us on Facebook!