If you’re having trouble sleeping and/or you’re waking up with a number of aches and pains in your mouth or face, including headaches or tension pain, you may be suffering from bruxism.
That is to say that bruxism is teeth grinding or clenching during sleep (and sometimes while you’re awake!). This is a common problem as it affects nearly 10% of adults and 15% of children, the American Sleep Association reports. That’s why it’s incredibly important that night guards near Levittown, PA can be easily found. That’s where we come in! We have the right mouthguard with the perfect fit for you at Dr. Riesenberger’s Office.
7 Signs of Bruxism
Sometimes, bruxism can be the calling card of a more serious underlying problem. It’s vital that you know the symptoms of bruxism so you can get the proper treatment/appliance. According to the Mayo Clinic, some signs and symptoms of bruxism include:
- Teeth that are flattened, fractured, chipped or loose
- Increased tooth pain or sensitivity
- Tired or tight jaw muscles, or a locked jaw that won’t open or close completely
- Jaw, neck, or face pain or soreness
- Pain that feels like an earache
- Dull headache starting in the temples
- Sleep disruption
If you can check off one or more of these symptoms, it may be time to look into getting a night guard in order to protect your mouth from further damage.
7 Benefits Of Wearing a Night Guard
- Prevents tooth damage
- Reduces headaches
- Reduces tension
- Reduces stress
- Reduces jaw discomfort
- Protects teeth and dental work from damage caused by clenching and grinding.
- Prevents chipping, fractures, excessive wear and loosening of the teeth.
A night guard (or mouth guard) can play a vital role in the prevention of tooth loss and overall discomfort. They are also good for protecting your teeth altogether. And, like we said earlier, finding a night guard near Levittown, PA isn’t difficult. Give us a call at 215-968-5471 to schedule a consultation.
We would love to help you discover a better night sleep and a healthy smile! Call us today!